SmartMonitor values your privacy and the privacy of our other customers and visitors to our websites, including www.smart-monitor.com (collectively, with any successor websites, the “Websites”). Visitors to the Websites are, collectively, referred to herein as “Users.”
This Privacy Notice describes what information SmartMonitor gathers from you via the Websites, how we use that information, and what we do to protect it. Please note that we do not intend to gather personal data from individuals residing outside of the United States of America. By using the Websites, you expressly consent to the information handling practices described in this notice.
The Information SmartMonitor May Collect
- User-provided Information: You may provide to SmartMonitor personally identifiable information (such as your name, title, organization/facility, email address, postal mailing address, zip code, telephone number, fax number) when using the Websites.
- “Cookies” Information:When you visit the Websites, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. SmartMonitor uses session cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- “Automatically Collected” Information:When you visit the Websites , we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), web browser type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Websites, the pages you view on the Websites, and the dates and times that you visit the Websites.
- The Way SmartMonitor Uses Information:
- SmartMonitor uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features, information and services found on the Websites. We will use your email address, without further consent, for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, and to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues.
- SmartMonitor uses all of the information that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of visitors to the Websites, to improve the way the Websites works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- SmartMonitor may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Websites; and (b) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
- SmartMonitor may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send promotional messages unless you have opted out or otherwise requested that SmartMonitor not contact you about the SmartMonitor products and services or other information.
When SmartMonitor Discloses Information
- SmartMonitor does not sell, trade, rent or share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses.
- SmartMonitor may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Websites.
- SmartMonitor works with some authorized service providers to provide website hosting and maintenance as well as other services for us. SmartMonitor requires these services providers to safeguard personally identifiable information you provide to us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to SmartMonitor; these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. SmartMonitor generally limits their use of your personally identifiable information to the purpose for which it was shared.
- SmartMonitor may also disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, we may make such disclosures without first providing notice to Users.
- SmartMonitor also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect SmartMonitor from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Websites; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of SmartMonitor, our Users, or others.
- Your Choices:You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with SmartMonitor, in which case SmartMonitor will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality, including the Services, found on the Websites.
- Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to SmartMonitor. For that reason, SmartMonitor does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on Websites from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of Websites is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access THE Websites at any time or in any manner. If SmartMonitor learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on SmartMonitor without verifiable parental consent, then SmartMonitor will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
- Our Commitment to Data Security:SmartMonitor uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to SmartMonitor, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, SmartMonitor makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If SmartMonitor learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. SmartMonitor may post a notice on the Websites if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at info@SmartMonitor.com.
- International Visitors ersonally identifiable information collected on the Websites may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which SmartMonitor or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Websites you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
- In the Event of Merger or Sale:In the event that SmartMonitor is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
- Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice:This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically without further notice to you and this will be reflected by a “last modified” date below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received that personal information. Your continued use of the Websites constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of personal information you have provided to us, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you and obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
- Effective Date, Date Last Modified:
This Privacy Notice is effective as of 3.9.2012
Last Modified 2.29.2012
- Contact Information lease contact us with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, our third-party disclosure practices, or your consent choices at: SmartMonitor 6203 San Ignacio Ave Suite 112, San Jose, CA 95119 or via email at email@example.com.